Season 4 Roundup

All the info you need about the new quick PSL Mini League
TheMoonRat

Season 4 Roundup

Post by TheMoonRat »

1st Division
This was always going to be a close and thrilling division, and it couldn't get any closer or more thrilling than this. After losing my opening match to Akaash, an easy win for him (though luckily a lower score than the 5-0 thumping I received in the league) it seemed I would be battling against relegation. Yet coming up against 2 time defending champion I somehow turned up a gear, and in an open game won it convincingly 4-1, inflicting just the 2nd defeat in Markeys Quad Career. The big man refused to be kept down, and Markey struck back with a 4-1 win himself, thrashing early leader Akaash. This left all 3 of us on 3 points, varying in goal difference with just Sooty left to play. Markey was up first, and secured a tight 2-1 win thanks to a bout of Tim Howard turrets. Next up was me, and I also squeeked past with a single goal; and helped by some woeful snap shots against me. This left me top by 1 on goal difference, with only a big Akaash win the chance to deny me. However Akaash and Sooty had other troubles; Soot needed to win to stay up! And in a remarkable turn to the season, the Yak scored the goals to get a win on the board, and relegation avoided by a single goal difference, just as the title was decided by. It also marks the first time someone has been relegated after winning a match. UL Akaash

2nd Division
I may have lied above; you cannot get any closer than THIS. Every game only decided by a single goal; 5 of the 6 matches 1-0's. Sky took the early initiative, defeating Effendi late on in a big match for them both, and then TheTud. With 6 points and single game to play, he was in a commanding position. Effendi took out his revenge on TheTud, which left everyone just Eirik (quad season 1 champion) left to play. Showing all the bottle of Spurs against Man Utd, Sky was defeated for the first time, a gutwrenching goal coming in the 82nd minute; now his once dominant position was looking very vulnerable with such a low goal difference. And then came what proved to be the decisive game; TheTud, valiant in his effort to avoid relegation took the lead! But Eirik showed the class that earned him the title, coming back strongly to score 3 goals before conceeding 1 late on. So it came down to Eirik vs Effendi; the way goal difference worked skybluearmy was out of the running. Effendi needed to win by 2 clear goals; any other result and Eirik would be back up at the first time of asking. I'm sure both players hearts were in their mouths after half time, and injury time goal putting Effendi into the lead. Once again Eff was in the situation where just 1 goal would decide his destiny, but unfortunately for him, once more, it didn't go his way, with Eirik holding firm. Final table; all 6 points, all goal difference +1; Eiriks superior goals scored against TheTud taking him up

3rd Division
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! PIG!!! Self titled "Hyena raper" With AS pulling out, it turned out that everyone just played pig with nothing else to play for after that. Not after Pig slays each one of his enemies with style and panache. Result of the season has to be Pigbenis 4 (yes, FOUR) - 0 (yes, nil) Hyena. Hyena suffering his first defeat and first stutter in his march up the divisions. And what a defeat. My oh my we'll never hear the end of this.

4th Division
Biggest win of the season went to Pilling: smashing SIX past poor evo-league-er and freshly promoted spincer. He also ended up as top scorer throughout the entire league with a fantastic 6 goals. But alas by then it was all too late; Mouse squeaking past all of his opponents, but showing that a solid defense really is essential in this setup. The crunch game between the top 2 was a 1-0 win to Mouse, tho Pilling will no doubt have felt he deserved at least a draw that would have been enough for promotion, he certainly had the chances to.

5th Division
Woooo, a 5th division that finally had all games played! The poor wooden spoon went to Biff, his only point coming in a scoreless bore-draw against evo-league newcomer runningtings. Roy defeated Biff; I say defeated, the term "robbed" is more accurate, along with "mugged", "parked the bus" and "one counter, one shot, one goal". Runningtings defeated Roy in a laggy encounter, which left him on 4 points, Roy 3 and Biff just the 1. HiMyNameIsChris didn't turn up at all, and in his place HiMyNameIsGaleaSCRIPTFUCKINGCHEATINGGAMELAGOMGWTF. He started off nervously, a very tight game with Roy ending 0-0. But a thumping 4-1 win over runningtings put him into a commanding position, with just a single point needed against Biff. Once again Biff came away feeling very hard done by, pelting the Galea goal with shots from all angles, and failing to take the 1on1s; in the end Galea came out the more clinical, winning 2-0 to earn promotion at first time of asking. As it turned out, with AS pulling out for next season Roy did enough on goal difference to go up too :)

Tables @ http://prosuperleague.leaguerepublic.com/Index.do?divisionseason=7688538
ANFIELD SCOUSE

Re: Season 4 Roundup

Post by ANFIELD SCOUSE »

just to let you know i did say i would finish my games this season, it was just the next pes mini league i wouldn't be taking part in, as i wouldnt pull out mid season, i did let biff know of the situation, anyway congrats to all winners and also everyone who took part. :)

TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

Oh ok sorry; I think the point I was trying to make was the game between Hyena and Rule-X wasn't bothered with because I'd have always counted as you going down because of your pulling out next season, so there would have been nothing for them to play for :)
ANFIELD SCOUSE

Post by ANFIELD SCOUSE »

i play till the end!!! :)