IMPORTANT: Future of the Mini League

All the info you need about the new quick PSL Mini League

How would you like future seasons to work?

4 teams per div, 5 divs, 3 games in 2 weeks (as is now)
11%
5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 2 weeks
14%
5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 3 weeks
11%
6 teams per div, 3 divs, 5 games in 3 weeks
36%
6 teams per div, 3 divs, 5 games in 4 weeks
29%

Total votes: 28

skybluearmy
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Future of the Mini League

Post by skybluearmy »

We could also use national teams. If people are put off by one big league how about 2 leagues of 10 or so? One being EPL one being Bundeslige for example and just rotate the themes from season to season? Or as pig says just apply the fixed team option to the current quad league format.

There's deffo scope for some sort of 2v2 league or cup, afterall the majority of us play more of that than 1v1s. You could randomnly put people together through a draw or someone could match people up or people could agree who their partner will be. You could do a knockout 2v2 cup, or a world/euro cup which we could run during the summer, whatever really the possibilities are endless.
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

yea nice idea sky.
A big league with national teams is more fun i think
Pigbenis

Post by Pigbenis »

Problem is ppl who can pick their partner....u get a few who are constantly together and know how each other play...and u get ones who arent as good as them "teams"....By randoming your partner it makes the league more fun and challenging for everyone. Just like me n tud last nite wen we played 2v2 in the tourney....our first time teaming up and we had fun.....Dunno about other ppl by im defo up for randoming teams...I know effe wont agree :D.

As for the league......2 leagues of 10 sounds good but the problem we had before is that sometimes we had trouble arranging games and could drag on forever. I'll say that if we could reinforce rules for not turning up for matches arranged and make them forfeit the game unless they have a valid reason for not turning up. Abit more fair for ppl who do actually make an effort to turn up.

I wouldnt have EPL or Bundesliga leagues myself....unless u can pick who u want per game...u always get a few ppl who would throw their dummies at u if they dont get to go the teams they want....U know there are a few ppl who would ever use the same over and over in PES such as Rulex, Biff etc as liverpool!
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

The problem I have with the larger leagues, is that for half of each league, there is nothing to play for. The vast majority of those talking about the big leagues are those who have some sort of chance to win it. Akaash, Markey, Sky, Soot, Eirik are all in top 2 divs, and Pig finshed quite high up in the last 2x 10 league we had, with Roy not too far behind.

The whole point of the quads was there always be something to play for; whether that was looking in front of you or behind you. Whatever format we move to in the future, most likely next season, I'd like to retain at least _some_ of that aspect. 1 huge 18/20 team league would in no way have that. Would 2 sets of 10 teams, with no relegation, and only the top few in each fighting it out have that either?

I'm thinking of players like La, Biff, TheTud, RuleX, Spincer... not offense meant to them, but they'd never win a long league with the likes of Akaash, Markey and Soot!. Right now they can have their own battles going up and down the mini leagues, fighting each season. In a long season they'd just be playing pro evo games that happened to be in a league system.

So as I say, whatever we move to, I want EVERYONE to be playing for something :)
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I agree with Moon. I do enjoy the larger leagues but I know some people lose interest and games don't get played, they also go on for too long. I just think we need a happy medium with larger small leagues.
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

hmm too bad lol i just prefer larger leagues i placed low with those large leagues but still had the fun and the joy every game. but i can understand some people just dont prefer large leagues..
pilling
Site Admin

Post by pilling »

I've always wanted to do a big fixed set league! like the Premiership, Serie A, La Liga, Bundesliga etc. But as mentioned above never felt that we have had the consistent players to play in it for the long term. It's inevitable with such a large league that there will be players who lose interest and that will ruin things in the league.

Saying that though in the Quads I think we have a pretty stable player base now with at least 14 players who would be likely to complete a full season.

Would it be worth considering running the Larger League alongside the Quads? with just 2 games required per week (home and away fixtures).

would take 3 months to complete in total.
Galea

Post by Galea »

I think the problem we have always had here is that people try to make thing better in the leagues. For once people are playing there games and enjoying the quads. I think for the people who want to play a larger league then it should run along side with the quads. Im sure some of u dont want to be in 2 different leagues so we might lose a quad or 2 but for me this is the perfect system. I dont have to see a long road of playing games ahead of me because if i want out of the quads all i have to do is play 3 games and then ask not to be in the next. maybe we could increase the quads to have 5 players per division but the more people it gets the more chance people will just get bored of losing all the time.

the 2v2 random thing sounds great. we all claim to be in a community yet some players will not play on the same team as others. maybe if we did a small weekly or 2 weekly league or tourney for the people who want to play 2v2's then it could be ran with the quads.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

A large league running alongside the Quads could work, but only if those playing in the larger league also played in the Quads. This could be done if not many fixtures were played per week.
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

we also could do 1 big league with players who really want a big league.

Like:
Akaash
soot
pilling
pig
biff
cele
sky
effe
etc...

Cause that are guys who really play every week
and just go on with the quads..
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

I think it will be a bit confusing and distracting to try and run one of each league and also quite hard for us to manage the organisation of also. For now why don't we stick to the present quad format but maybe look to slightly increase the size of those quads.

What could be run alongside this fairly easily is some sort of 2v2 league or cup or even a ladder system. We could even replicate the quad league format with a 2v2 league?

I take Gals point in that for once a league format is working (in that games are getting played) so maybe we shouldn't tinker too much with that until a point in time that we need to?!?
Eirik
Site Admin

Post by Eirik »

Moonrat say sit right with the motivation aspewct in the quads and I think we should stick to that.

But I still say we should increase the quads to 5 players each quad (at least).

why?

Because 2 up and 2 down would make the fight more interesting and would change the players in the leagues a lot.

Its quite boring for Markey and Soot to play vs. each other everty season and just 1 player changes at all.

I`m doing some elevator style now with going up and down and so I have some mixing in players but the guys at top are getting bored and the guys in the lower leagues face the same opponents also every time.

So 2 up and 2 down each season would change that. At least a bit...
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

Eirik; 5 players, 2 up 2 down doesn't change the amount of _same_ players you will play from one season to the next, but would add 1 extra _new_ player you'd play each season.

You're right, the problem with quads isn't 2nd, 3rd and 4th divs, they're brilliant; but 1st and 5th.
Soot

Post by Soot »

Indeed it is boring for people who are in the same Quad every season. Hopefully with the rise of Hyena it should liven it up but deffo a division of atleast 6 for me. Could also do 1 club quad then the following quad is National to alternate it etc etc.

The 2v2 has been wanted by a lot of people for a very long time, people say it's not possible but did you see the amount of people that flooded into PSL last night? We have a very strong core and most of that core are up for it, i'd be fine with randomised teams or fixed, as Gal says we do kinda need to mix it up a bit the same peeps are always with the same peeps which is understandable really as some in PSL are Pele wannabe's in 2v2 and it can get frustrating/pointless. Maybe random teams will help bridge the gap between some players though.

Some sort of 2v2 ladder/1 cup per month/quad system needs to happen. Off the top of my head the people i know who would be reliable for this:

Eirik
Effe the 2v2 God
Sky
Me
Akaash
Piggy
Tuddy
Cele
Galea
Biff
Roy
LA
Markey
Where the feck is my Keano?

The rest maybe interested too but that for me is a cert list who are very reliable, bet someone has me off and says not interested!
Hyena
Legend

Post by Hyena »

I like the quads as they are, maybe increase the size a bit. Don't have the motivation or time for a big league at the moment, these small leagues are very easy for keeping an overview of who you have to play and when.