Season 4 Preview

All the info you need about the new quick PSL Mini League
TheMoonRat

Season 4 Preview

Post by TheMoonRat »

1st Division
Screw you Akaash; predicted you to win twice in a row now and what do I get in return? 3rd places? Pffft. As punishment I'm putting him in the relegation spot instead of myself. Will be an almighty battle in all honesty; everyone can beat everyone. I'm expecting it to be decided on goal difference, however there is no doubt that Markey is the man to beat; tho hopefully without freezing thats plagued his games so far.

Markey - CHAMPION
Soot
TheMoonRat
Akaash - RELEGATED

2nd Division
First things first, Sky will definitely finish 3rd. He has done for all 3 previous seasons now; it's a comfortable home from him. Doesn't quite have the luck or consistent ability to win 3 games in a row, but is a consistent tough resiliant performer that wouldn't go a season without winning either. TheTud; I've placed him in a relegation spot here based on his last efforts in this division 2 seasons ago. However, last season he won all 3 games, so it will be interesting to see which player turns up. Which leaves us for the german battle at the top; season 1 champ eirik vs effendi, who was denied promotion to the 1st division just 3 minutes from time. I'm going with Eff; in the history of the mini league he's won 6 out of his 8 games, whereas Eirik has won 4 out of 9, albeit in a tougher division.

Effendi - PROMOTED
Eirik
Skybluearmy
TheTud - RELEGATED

3rd Division
I've bold... very bold with my prediction to win..... with Hyena. Just one of 2 undefeated players left in the league, alongside themoonrat Definitely too much class compared to his opponents, he'll steamroll this like he has with his previous opponents. The battle against relegation behind him will be tough; I think Rule-X will beat PigBenis thus securing safety, but if season 2 Pig turns up, I can see him beating Anfield Scouse and staying up.

Hyena - PROMOTED
Rule-X
PigBenis
Anfield Scouse - RELEGATED

4th Division
Relegated in 2 of the 3 seasons, La will struggle here versus spincer to avoid the drop. Whether Mouse gets dragged into that or not depends on his defense. Notoriously leaky, and thrashed by Hyena last season, he's not kept a clean sheet in his 2 seasons so far. But he showed fighting spirit to earn a couple of 2-1 victories last season, and if he repeats that he could even put a showing in for promotion. Pilling is my favourite, even though he's not shown his full potential with just 2 wins in his 6 Mini League games played. If he finds his consistency, he'll be tough to beat.

Pilling - PROMOTED
Mouse
Spincer182
LA32 - RELEGATED

5th Division
A couple of new entries and unknown quantities in runningtings and HiMyNameIsChris, both poached on deadline day from evo-league. How they stack up against 2 stalwarts of PSL will be interesting; I've definitely noticed they have a different style of play. Roy hasn't yet won a game, although hindered in some part by lack of activity in his division. I've played HiMyNameIsChris; one game I thought was quite easy (apart from my lack of ability to score), but then the next he deserved to win. So I put him 3rd, but this division is wide open.

runningtings - PROMOTED
Biff
HiMyNameIsChris
Roy462 - WOODEN SPOON
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Season 4 Preview

Post by Biff »

Nice write up. Sterling work as ever.

I've now reached my goal of getting to the bottom division. Now, to quote that freakish lesbo Yazz, the only way is up!
Galea

Post by Galea »

this needs editing as i have joined and going to rip division 5 apart :D
Eirik
Site Admin

Post by Eirik »

I just wait for the next time when the game scripting rips you apart and you will all of a sudden fall out of love with the game (again). :wink:
Galea

Post by Galea »

well its all for fun and i dont see it as a compo as each season is only a week or so long.