IMPORTANT: Future of the Mini League

All the info you need about the new quick PSL Mini League

How would you like future seasons to work?

4 teams per div, 5 divs, 3 games in 2 weeks (as is now)
11%
5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 2 weeks
14%
5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 3 weeks
11%
6 teams per div, 3 divs, 5 games in 3 weeks
36%
6 teams per div, 3 divs, 5 games in 4 weeks
29%

Total votes: 28

TheMoonRat

IMPORTANT: Future of the Mini League

Post by TheMoonRat »

Well we're into our 5th season, and although in general everyone seems to be enjoying the quick format, there have been a few rumblings that some people would like to increase the teams in each division. So here's a poll to ask what you would like! I've given everyone the oppertunity to vote for upto 2 options; some may be more flexible than others in their opinions :)
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Future of the Mini League

Post by Biff »

I've voted for 6 teams with games spread over a month. Monthly seasons seems a good round number and will be half the work to set up than now.
Eirik
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT: Future of the Mini League

Post by Eirik »

I`ve voted:

5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 3 weeks

and

6 teams per div, 3 divs, 5 games in 4 weeks

Main reason is to mix the teams/players up.
Playing the same people every season gets boring. So 5 or 6 different with always 2 of them changing would make a big differenc ein that.

I dont care if 5 or 6 teams but 4 divisions is probably better than "just" 3.

So my main vote goes to 5 teams per div, 4 divs, 4 games in 3 weeks
TheMoonRat

Post by TheMoonRat »

With 4 teams, 1 goes up, 1 goes down, 1 stays the same.
With 5 or 6 teams, 2 go up, 2 go down, 1/2 stays where he is.

Which means you'd play the exact same number of "same people" from 1 season to the next: 1. Only in the event of a 5 team league with you finishing 3rd would you get _more_ new players per season.

The fact is, you'll play similar people because you're at the top of the leagues vs others who are good. The top division will always have the problem of "similar players" syndrome because no-one gets promoted from there :/ Only way to mix that up is to have massive leagues where you play people of all abilities; but then they're slower and have all the problems we've tried to escape with the mini-league. That's why keeping PSL League Cups going are important; a side event to mix up who we play competitive pro evo against.
Soot

Post by Soot »

The PES novelty has wore off for me again and i have barely played it for weeks and back on FIFA/UFC mainly so this season is most probably my last unless it's spiced up a bit, as it's getting very boring right now for me.

I'd like a bigger league and a 2v2 ladder/quad system personally. Or 2 randomised leagues done by a bot and then the 2 winners play the champions of champions trophy or something.

2v2 would deffo be possible if you keep it to those who we know would play.
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

im agreed with soot just 2 leagues League A League B. The mini leagues is also fun also fun but then 1 game is too important. With bigger leagues u ave more fun
And 2v2 would be nice i just hope there will be enough people for that..
Akaash

Post by Akaash »

Why not do 2 leagues of 10 like we did last season to spice things up?
Was fun all through the season as there was rivalry for every position from begining to end?
Image 2009
Image 2010
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

yea that was awesome lol with my trinidad & TOBAGO:D
Markey

Post by Markey »

I've voted 6 teams as well, but as others say bigger league are great fun as well ( as long as people play their games) . What about 1 big league ( eg. premiership, bundesliga etc.) with the players currently in the quad 5 picking their teams first and going up the quads you get lesser choice. I think it would be great fun . You would play each other twice ( home/away) , have top goalscorers chart etc. The only think would be the time it would take to complete the games.
http://football-messiah.blogabet.com/

THE BEST IS YET TO COME !!!

THE LEGEND. THANK YOU PAOLO !
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

I've voted 6 as thats the biggest of the options available. As a few others have said I enjoy the bigger leagues more where the ability of the leagues is spread about a bit more. Keeps me more interested that way, would also enjoy some sort of 2v2 league or cup.

Don't get me wrong am enjoying the quads but the format may get a bit stale before long.
Galea

Post by Galea »

i voted for it to stay the same. most games are getting played and the only person i am playing for a 2nd time is roy.
the quads work like they are now because the chance of going from bottom to top with just a game. if u start adding more and more players to one table then the people who have nothing to play for will just lose interest.
Soot

Post by Soot »

I like your idea A LOT Markey
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Just properly read Markey's idea and I like the sound of that a lot too. Playing as a fixed team in a EPL, La Liga, Bundeslige division appeals to me. Also like the idea of the quad 5 players having first pick of teams and so on.
Pigbenis

Post by Pigbenis »

Yup i like markeys idea too...why not set a team category for each quad divs. Can always use evoleagues category list....Quad 1 using Cat 5, Quad 2 using Cat 4, Quad 3 using cat 3 and so forth....Also i think a 2v2 league would work.....always a good few of us are up for 2v2ing every night....
Roy462

Post by Roy462 »

Very nice.
we could do 1 big league and each season a different nationleague

Like: Spain,Germany,England,italy but all the nations ave their own shitteam thats the prob