Front page Home Page

Forum Index Chat Room League Tables League Fixtures League Rules GOTM News Admin League Admin

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Connection Issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:33 pm 

Untill yesterday i've always been able to host a hamachi server fine and connect to anyone fine. I tried joining A.S and kept getting timed out message on the client programme but still i went ahead and joined him ok on the actual game. Yet it was insanely laggy for both of us and i don't normally get much lag v anyone as a client and i shouldn't against someone with a conn like A.S's and both living so close to eachother.

Now when i host a hamachi server i'm unable to join it but the other person is able to join it? When i host direct IP i can join it fine but the other person gets the timed out message that i got with A.S but still they're able to join? Then again it's unplayable lag, is the timed out messages and lag linked?

I followed Mezzys instructions

Quote:
Also, I have opened ports on the router that have not been mentioned anywhere. these are:

Port: (Open both TCP and UDP)

As you can see all ports that Mezzy suggested are open and i've even turned off the whole firewall so it should open all ports anyways, antivirus is turned off and i've even opened the suggested hamachi ports.

Anything more that i can do to fix the timing out and not being able to connect to my own hamachi server?

Post subject: Re: Connection Issues
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:51 am 
Site Admin

The only other thing I can think of is it could be a virus. Maybe the Chinese government have taken over your connection after downloading Sopcast or something!

Post subject: Re: Connection Issues
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:23 am 

If you're using 1.21 of my HOSTING gui; for now you have to keep my window open whilst hosting, or else you won't be able to connect to your own host. It's a stupid feature thats only supposed to be in the "b" version, but unfortunately is in both. D'oh. Will have a fixed version up soon