Driving Lessons

Chat about anything you like.
Biff
Site Admin

Re: Driving Lessons

Post by Biff »

Yeah, it's a fecking nightmare. I totally feel ready now and wanted to get it out the way before Christmas. When I get my date through I'm going to keep checking the website to see if anything earlier becomes available.
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I've been rebooked for January 10th, which is over a month after my cancelled test. Unfortunately there isn't anything earlier available on their site. I'll give it another try in a couple of days.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

You'll normally find one the day before if you keep checking, weather may fuck that up though.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Managed to get an earlier one and failed again! Everything was going perfect then some muppet ran along the street and straight onto a Zebra Crossing in front of me without stopping. The examiner hit the anchors which goes down as an ETA - Examiner Taking Over - which is a straight fail. If it wasn't for this cnut I would have passed as I only had a few minor errors. Talk about unlucky, 5 seconds earlier or later and I would have missed him. The examiner was pretty gutted for me and I tried pleading with him at the end but he'd marked it down. If I said I was about to hit the breaks at the time I might have got away with it. Here's where it happenned, I was where the lorry is and he ran out from the right. The skid marks on the crossing are nothing to do with me!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... 4,,0,24.31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Damn! If he was going to fail you for that you might aswell have hit the cunt! (jokes obv)

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

I know, I should have at least got out and said something. He's out there now totally unaware that he ruined someones driving test yesterday. If he just waited at the crossing like a sane person I would now have my license. As it is I'm another £62 down and have to go through the hassle all over again. It happenned right near the end of the test as well, it's probably about 3 minutes away from the test centre.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Passed today first time :)

3 minors so not bad at all woop.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Nice one, I'm really happy for you mate, especially doing it first time. I still can't believe I didn't pass first time, it was a much easier route than my last test and if it wasn't for a completely ridiculous error - which was partly my instructor's fault - I would have sailed it. Since then I've got a lot better so maybe it was for the best.

I was due to take another test yesterday but it was cancelled because my examiner got bloody Swine Flu. God knows what date I'll get now. I was hoping my luck would change this year.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Well done Rossi
I think if I was faced with the prospect of sitting another test with you Biff I'd cry off with swine flu too :D
Speaking of which i had swine flu last month but it only lasted about a weeeeeeeeeeeek
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Cheers fellas.

Gutted for you Biff, pain in the arse. I'm certain my examiner had swine flu, coughing and spluttering throughout - so I might have passed but I might not be around for long! :lol:

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Funnily enough it is the same guy who I did my first test with, so maybe you are right!
Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Finally passed today! I got three minors as well, one for over steering and two for hesitating at roundabouts. I got the examiner I didn't want though, the wife of the guy with swine flu! She didn't look too great to be honest, I bet I'm now going to come down with it.
skybluearmy
Site Admin

Post by skybluearmy »

Well done Biffta!!
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Well done mate.

I'm looking for temp insurance that will cover under 21's at the moment, can't find any that seem to do it.

Biff
Site Admin

Post by Biff »

Cheers!

I'll be checking out insurance soon, just need to get my driving licence application in first. Anyone know how long it takes for a licence to come through? I think the examiner usually takes your provisional and a new one is automatically sent, but I've got a paper provisional from when I was 17 so have to send it in myself.