Front page Home Page

Forum Index Chat Room League Tables League Fixtures League Rules GOTM News Admin League Admin

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PSL Chat Room - Version 3
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 pm 

Haha.

Fantastic work though, keep it up.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:30 pm 

Just loaded it up:

1. Help button takes you to the old forum thread (2.6) not this one.
2. Would be happier if the installer added a start menu entry as well as a desktop icon. Or perhaps get it to ask. (ps. I have a psl badge icon i used to the squad installer if you want to use that instead of the football pitch icon atm)
3. Some places its called PSL Chat Room, some pes6Online (pes6online surely); need to be consistent with the funky names.
4. It's 15 seconds per "resend" of server info. could this be lowered to 30 secs without many side effects? Or maybe 20 secs, just a bit worried about quakenet g-lining people like they did for pes4online originally for flooding lol
5. In "IP Used" (in about screen) - I click that the ip used is wrong, I confirm the new IP, and nothing changes in the IP Used field.
6. Main chat font is a little big I feel by default (in fact, if i go into change font size, what is listed there by default isn't what is used by default)
7. Rooms --> There should be a tick showing which room you are currently in.
8. Basic anti-flood would be nice; as in, no repeating the exact same text 3 times in 3 seconds.
9. Would be nice to have a symbol to see which hosts are being done via hamachi and which aren't.
10. Options --> Start game by IP --> Press cancel --> Crash(ish)
11. In fact, Start game by IP does nothing even if you enter a number and press ok.
12. Just noticed, change the font size; then close and reopen the app. It doesn't remember the font choice i made.
13. Don't like the yellow card font text. My eyes :(
14. When you use the installer, then try to use it again, it says to "repair" the installation. If you do an updated version, "repairing" would be very misleading as you're upgrading, i don't know if this is something that has been thought of or not.
15. When I host I'm not listed in the server list; i'd like to know I am there
16. Able to press to start hosting when not connected to the server yet.
17. BRING BACK THE MOTTYMOUTH BRANDING! PSL Mottymouth > PSL Commentary Module hahaha ;)
18. Is it worth, for all text in the program to be read via language files? So, for example "Host Game" and "Send" aren't hard coded in, but reads from a file for the correct text for the language selected. Just an idea with so many italian users.
19. Enter a nickname that is the same as an existing one; it changed my nickname to the previous working nickname, rather than just keep what I had and told me it was already in use.
20. There is no limit to the amount of text you can enter in one go; i can't remember the character limit offhand but it's not unlimited as it is now (that causes the program to d/c due to excess flood then crash when trying to reconnect.

Thats it for now. Mostly suggestions rather than bugs. Incredible work so far :D

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:37 pm 
Site Admin

Smart Alec:P

Thanks Dave, will defiantly start getting some of these put in, but I don't think I will release another version for a good few weeks.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm 

And create differents rooms sorted by patchs???

It will be better to find rivals.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:06 am 

I keep on getting an error trying to connect. the error says the remote name could not be resolved : pslpes6.atbhost.net. anyone know how to fix this problem?.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Hi Cavin. I think pretty much everyone is now using the PES6J server. Check the following link for more details.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1733

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm 

guy download doesn't exist!!can someone upload again please??